Tuesday, October 22, 2013

My "Why" Factor


Every person has long term goals, short-term goals, and even things they want to achieve in their life. With these goals, there is a certain reason that people want these goals to be achieved and that is the “why” factor.
My family raised me where happiness and creating family memories is the most important aspect of all. Ever since I was little I was told I could do anything I wanted to do even if nobody else thought so. I have only had one major goal in my entire life and that is to work for Disney. I always thought that it was unrealistic and I would end up doing something that never really made me happy. My dream is to create magic, every day of my life. I want to wake up and think to myself, “I can change someone’s life today. I can show them that this really is the happiest place on earth, where dreams can come true.” I want to create magic, just like people have created magic for me each day. I know it will take years for me to end up there, but I know that it will be worth the wait.
When I was eight years old I was on vacation with my family and I was sad about leaving, an old man named Edgar who was a Cast Member at the resort saw me crying and he came up to me and talking to be and he told me: “You may be leaving this magic place now, but if you place your hand on your heart you will be in Disney, Disney is home, and it will always be here.” I still remember that conversation to today, and whenever I miss Disney I put my hand on my heart. That is what made me want to work for Disney, the fact that someone like that loves his job so much to stop everything and help out a poor eight year old. I realized that I want to work there so I can do the same for people of all ages.  He also made me believe that my dreams will always be there, and even if I am not there now, they will be there eventually. In that moment, I told myself that I never wanted to do anything else with me life than create magic.
My “why” factor is based on creating happiness and magic and treating every person like they can change the world, that they are the world. I want to know that I can make someone’s day even in the simplest way every day of my life. I know that I can do this by achieving and learning during my internship with the Disney College Program at the Walt Disney World Resort. With my internship I can get a broad aspect of what it is like to work for Disney, and create magic for guests everyday possible, even if I am not working.
I personally feel amazing that I shared my “why” factor. I feel like people actually understand me, and why I love Disney so much and why I actually want to work for this company, not only for my internship, but also for the rest of my life. It is great knowing that some people actually see my intentions with my life, and it is not just a fantasy.
Many things have changed for me since I shared my “why”, people have actually asked me why I want to work for Disney and I have had the chance to explain and share my personal experiences with my peers. I personally didn’t think people would actually care, but I am surprised that I have people who actually want to know about my dreams. I also feel more determined about my “why” factor and why I want to do it since I shared it with people because I am able to work towards this goal day by day, and not only myself knows about it. I feel as I have a much bigger support system, and people are starting to see a change in me, since I know exactly what I want with my life and where I am going with my life, and eventually where I want to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment